Miniøya is an annual music and culture festival for the whole family held at Tøyenparken, Oslo. The festival is both alcohol- and smoke-free and will take place may 25th and 26th 2019. This will be the 10th time the festival is arranged.
Miniøya’s vision is to create a high quality festival, where we take children seriously. We want to push our boundaries to create experiences that surprise and engage.
The children will get a wide range of musical and cultural experiences, within a safe and including environment. The festival is focused on families having a good time and experiencing things together. Miniøya offers a wide food selection, with ecological and vegetarian options.
We want our guests to discover and explore different music genres and activities for all ages and interests. Perhaps a kid experiences classical music for the first time, or a heavy rock lover discovers jazz? Miniøya offers everything from big concerts, dance performances, theater, reading tents, acrobatics, swimming lessons, face painting to art workshops.
- Where: Tøyenparken is located between Tøyenbadet Water Park and the Munch Museum across from The Botanical garden. The park lies in the area belonging to the old Tøyen hovedgård, and became a communal park in the 1950’s. In the later years it has been recovered and it is know for its natural amphitheater arena, overlooking the city.
- When: May 25th and 26th from 10 AM to 6 PM.
- Tickets: Tickets are availeble at Ticketmaster.no
- Age limit: Miniøya is foremost a festival arranged for young children. There is an age limit at 16 years, which means that all visitors older than 16 need to be accompanied by a child. Children under the age of 2 have free admission and does not need a ticket.
- Physically Disabled: Tøyenparken is wheelchair accessible, with handicap toilets. For more info, ask by the main entrance.
- Attendants: The person being attended needs an ordinary ticket. Attendant(s) will need to show their I.D. at the accreditation by the ticket booth.
- What can I bring to the festival? Due to safety regulations, we do not allow the use of roller blades, skateboard or bikes in Tøyenparken during the festival. Umbrellas, grills or animals are not allowed either, with the exception of leader dogs for blinds. You may bring your own food and drinks. Balloons are not allowed at Miniøya.
- We offer a changing station with free diapers and nursing products. The stage volume is adapted especially for children, but you may still buy hearing protection at the festival area.